So what have I been up to lately?



Yesterday was a good news bad news kind of day.   It started out pretty cool.   Mom bought me these really cool markers and finger painting sets (Crayola Color Wonder Fingerpaints &  TaDoodle Tub Crayons).  Both are made from paints that do not mark on anything other than the special paper from Crayola.   I dipped my fingers in the paint and made lots of goofy lines and circles on the paper.   All the time Mom didn’t have to be concerned about me getting paint on my cloths, the furniture, or anything else.  The TaDoodle Tub Crayons worked in a similar manner.   They’re little egg shaped animals with markers inside.  The markers only draw on the same special paper as above.  There shape makes it very easy for me to hold them also.  Of course, at first I thought they were strange balls.    After pounding them on the floor for a while and tossing them around, Mom was able to show me how they really worked.

Yesterday I had the opportunity to scare the heck out of everyone.   We were all playing in the family room while watching television.  I managed to crawl up on a chair, climb up onto the armrest.  As I was triumphantly standing there,  I fell.   Somehow I managed NOT to get hurt, nothing.  A friend of my Grandpa says there are angels that watch over us.  Well, when that happened, Grandpa said that there must be a couple of dozen angels watching over me.   Even I’m not sure how I didn’t get hurt.

Climbing seems to have become one of my favorite pastimes.   I climb on my Fisher-Price table, my Lego table, and my St Louis Cardinals’ toy box.  Mom tries to get me to sit but I have to stand in the middle of what ever it is I’m climbing to let everyone know.   In fact, I love climbing the kitchen chairs because they have slats I can grab onto and I can climb it a matter of seconds.


This afternoon I watched NASCAR with Grandpa while we munched on Chester’s Butter Flavored Puffcorn.  You hardly have to even chew them because they just melt in your mouth.  The race was OK also…  the cars are really bright colors and go around and around in circles.  In fact, watching the race was almost as much fun as playing with the TV remote controls.   I can make the TV program stop, start, go backwards, and change the station.  Very cool.

I had a chance to play jump and Grandpa this afternoon.  He laid on the floor and I stood on his stomach and jumped up and down.  He would then pick me up and spin me around in the air like an airplane.  It was really fun.

I also figured out how to take my diaper off.  You just pull on the side tabs, and it falls right off.   I made this discovery this morning  just prior to Mom coming in to get me.  Unfortunately, when she came in to get me and tried to get me to the changing table, I got a bit of a chill and found it necessary to tinkle in mid air.

I have also been sleeping through the night most nights now.   I did start to cry at about 3:00 AM last night and Mom came in and took care of me; or at least that’s how she tells the story.  She said I wasn’t even awake so maybe I had a bad dream.  If it was a bad dream or nightmare, it’s just as well with me that I didn’t wake up.

BTW, for Memorial Day Grandma made me pancakes and scrambled eggs for breakfast.   I was hoping we would get to go swimming but Mom said that the water was still a little too cold for me.  She said she would rather not have blue baby.

I also wanted to make sure I posted at least one photo.  Here’s one of me playing my Guitar while wearing my rock star T-shirt… how cool is this…


Finally, I am having one small problem that my Mom, Grandmother, and Grandfather are all looking into for a possible solution.  I wake up in the morning with a very large, and very nasty looking bite on my forearm; the bruise hangs around for weeks.   If you want to know what an impression of my teeth might look like,  then this will give you one.  The bite looks terrible; all black and blue and very pronounced.   Everyone seems very worried.   I’m not sure I even know that I’m doing it.   It could be happening while I’m dreaming or something.  All I know is that everyone says the bite looks terrible.  Grandpa suggested putting me to bed with a long sleeve shirt on.   Grandma and Mom both said it’s way hot and humid now and I would never tolerate something that warm.  I’m pretty sure it’s happening in my sleep.  But who knows.   If anyone has suggestions, this would be a good time to come forward.  And YES, it is definitely me biting myself.

Well, that’s it for tonight

Thanks for stopping by


Leave a comment

No comments yet.

Comments RSS TrackBack Identifier URI

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s