What’s a toddler to do?

Today has been a tough day.   I was up most of the night.   I just couldn’t seem to sleep very well.    After an hour or two I would wake up screaming and Mom had to come in to settle me down.   After a while, I would fall back to sleep then a few hours later, up screaming again.  I even woke up Grandma and Grandpa sleeping downstairs.   It’s  difficult to  figure out too.   I didn’t have anything different or strange to eat and I really don’t feel sick.   I just don’t sleep well some nights.

Of course, being up a couple of times during the night didn’t make me the most pleasant toddler this morning.   I wouldn’t eat for Mom and I wanted to nothing to do with sitting in my highchair.  Mom even had to put Lucky (our Golden Retriever) outside.  I kept throwing my food at him.  When I’m not hungry I entertain myself by giving the food on my tray to the dog.  He doesn’t seem to mind, but Mom doesn’t seem to like it very much…..

I’m pretty sure everyone thought I was being really miserable.   About 9:00 AM I fell back asleep taking about a 2 hour nap.  That’s extremely early for me to take a nap.

When I woke from my nap I was a little better.  I still just wanted Grandpa to hold me.   He “WAS” working until I got up.   I made sure he took a break from work for a while.  He made me a scrambled egg and Mom feed me some turkey.   Both Grandma and Grandpa thought I looked a little pale at lunch.   Everyone is concerned about the food thing again that I posted about the other day.  We just need to figure out how to get some color back.    Grandpa thought I might need more iron in my diet so I had some beets at dinner.  I didn’t care for them.  I ate a few pieces but that was it.

Mom did take me out for a walk.  It was a great day for a stroller ride in Houston.  It was about 64 degrees (Fahrenheit) this after with perfectly clear skies.   We had to cut my walk/ride short though because after about 10 minutes I started to fuss again.

I took another short nap just before dinner.   Dinner was great.   We had rotisserie chicken, one  of my favorites, with green beans.  Grandpa and I played for a while before and after dinner.   I also had an almond biscotte for dessert; a first for me.   It was quite good.  I enjoyed gnawing on them.

Mom gave me a bath before going to bed tonight.  I love baths.  I have this great boat I get to play with in the tub.


The only problem with baths, they end too soon.   Grandma was out shopping so Grandpa had to help get me out of the tub and dried off.   We did some wrestling on the bed.  It’s fun beating up on Grandpa and having Mom trying to catch me when I crawl around the bed.   Eventually they caught up with me getting me into my sleeper.  We put a bottle together and I went to bed around 8:00 PM.

Hopefully tonight I’ll sleep all evening.   I need my energy tomorrow to drive everyone crazy… LOL

Well, thank for stopping by



Leave a comment

No comments yet.

Comments RSS TrackBack Identifier URI

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s